8.09.2012

Grande Contest: Trevor Hoffman



As many of you know Grand Moff Nachos is having a blogging contest. Me, not having the skills of a scribe, unwisely entered. My first entry tried to even the odds by (badly) using a limerick to offset the lack of linguistic skills.

When the next challenge was presented and the gauntlet stuck the face, I was again behind the eight ball. My first thought was, WWNOD (What would night owl do?). He would undoubtedly pull out some really interesting cards relating to this shot, or Trevor and tell us a story worthy of Vin Scully and Farmer Johns hot dogs. That my friends, is not in the realm of possibility here.  Even if I liked Vin Scully.



I though about spoofing this card, and presenting other Padre cards in the set and telling the story about how Mr. Hoffman captured the shot. This never happened.



I thought about writing about how Trevor Hoffman and Randy Johnson should shoot a McDonalds commercial reminiscent of Jordan/Bird "Nothing but net". Perhaps, "Roof top, telephoto, beach shot....nothing but moon light"



In the end, I thought I would simply provide a "pick your caption" poll.

Best Caption
  
pollcode.com free polls 


Contest post for Nachos Grande's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment