10.03.2009

Sending cards (week 8)

My last batch that I sent out was filled with players that I never really expect to get back any time soon if ever. They may not be that bad but lets just say hopes are low. This week I am sending to a group of people with really good success rate and turn around times. Bonnie Blair, Nicky Hayden, Les Miles, and Pat Neshek.

Bonnie Blair

I have already bored you with my childhood memories of watching the Lillehammer Winter Olympics with my family, but Mrs Blair was my favorite athlete that olympiad. As a kid she even returned a TTM to me, one of my first.

Nicky Hayden

Not even going to attempt to fake that I really know anything about him other than what is on the back of the card. 2006 National Champion, not to shabby to be on the top of your respective sport.

Les Miles

LSU head coach. One a National Championship. Very good return rate for TTM.

Pat Neshek

Mr. Neshek is a fellow autograph collector and runs his own website. If you haven't seen it, you really should check it out. He is really down to earth apparently and reading about baseball from a players point of view is really cool. I love hearing about him getting to the ballpark to hear that Mark Spitz was going to throw out the first pitch. Pat actually had cards with him and found Spitz's Ginter card and got him to sign it.



Just to wrap up, I wanted to mention a couple TTM returns that where not exactly successes. I wasn't going to mention them, but I think some of you may find it interesting in case you were to consider sending to them. I got returns back from Chase Utley, and Cole Hamels. I am not sure if its all Phillies players but both of these individuals sent both cards back unsigned, included a form letter very similar to each others and included a postcard with a pre-printed autograph. If anyone is interested in the scan of the letters shoot me an e-mail, for some reason I felt uncomfortable posting them even though they where form letters.

1 comment:

  1. I used to get the pre-printed graphs all the time when I was TTMing in the late 80s/early 90s. I guess that it is better than getting nothing back.

    ReplyDelete