9.15.2009

Sending Cards (supplemental)

OK, well we can officially add TTM to my list of addictions. Great, now caffeine won't be alone on that list. Anyway. I was surfing through the card blogs in my blog roll, and I came across a blog I hadn't seen before, My 2008 Topps Set Blog. As I started to view blog post after blog post on this site I loved the blog more and more. Don't get me wrong, I am huge fan of my blog roll buddies, but this site was what I want to do for mine but better, cleaner, and well lets face it; more successful. I can't be the brilliant writer that Night Owl is, or have the range of great cards to post that Beardy has, and I can't even compete with the dare devil driving shots that wickedortega can pull off. I already knew that going in, but I thought, hey I found my nitch...well not so much. Its been done, and done better. But I will NOT be deterred by my mediocrity, I will just embrace it!

Any how, I told you that so I could tell you this. My 2008 Topps set Blog's recent success was Andruw Jones. Emboldened by this news, and the fact that I can't stop thinking about TTM, I decided to break from my tradition (a whole 5 weeks) of sending only once a week. I am sending Mr. Jones an attempt tomorrow.

Andruw Jones

I am sending to Mr Jones, not just for the known success, but because he has grown on me of late. I actually didn't like him at first. I didn't like his "smug" smile every time he came to the plate, I thought it looked like "I know I am dangerous, and I will taunt you". Then he became a Dodger and I thought, great now I have to see it all the time. But, then came the struggles. It seemed like he forgot how to hit. He struggled to find a team, and ended up fighting for a roster spot with the Rangers. So far, he seems to be doing OK. Not tearing the cover off the ball like he did in Atlanta, but decent. Completely turned my opinion of him around. I have to admire the hard work and determination it takes to make a comeback.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words about my blog. Good luck with Jones and the rest of your A&G set! I'll definitely be following along.

    moe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo B
    Can you email me your address again i sent a bunch of will clarks to the wrong brain

    ReplyDelete