8.13.2010

lemonade for an Excellent cause

I don't typically post about non-baseball topics but I really loved this story and thought I would push it out there.


This little girl, 6 years old, is diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. She is undergoing chemotherapy which, from what I gather, is saving her life.

This little girl's family has insurance but the cost is really adding up. She set up the lemonade stand to help her parents cover the cost. I think what really stood out to me, was the attitude of this little girl. She is so positive and cheerful, she reminds me of my son, maybe that is why it touched me so much.

I found this article that has an address to a fund that is set up for her. I am going to try to send something, and thought that maybe I can pass along this story.

Jane R. Poole Cancer Fund
1st National Bank
8531 Church Ranch Blvd.
Westminster, CO 80021

*I wish the rest of the world could have this girl's attitude. So innocent and beautiful.*

No comments:

Post a Comment