1.14.2010

Thanks alot Daniel.

I read this post over at It's like having my own Card Shop last week. He talked about checkoutmycards.com, and how he had heard about it and thought he would check it out. Well, after reading that post, I decided to finnaly give it a try. Daniel, I blame you. (I hope my sarcasm comes through well)

It is my opinion that checkoutmycards.com is an evil site. The site seems to be in existence as a temptation to blow my entire paycheck on cards that are very affordable. Of all the the nerve.

When I arrived at the site I slowly went from skeptical, to "kid in a candy store". The majority of the cards were below Ebay prices and they had a lot of cards that I didn't even know I wanted. The only downside to this site was that the cheaper the card was the more you paid for shipping and handling. Well, the S&H was actually identical which caused the problem. A card that cost fifteen dollars would have a handling charge of twenty five cents, a card that cost a dime would have the same handling charge. So the fifteen dollar card would be much cheaper in the end than 15 dollars worth of base cards.

I purchased two orders from there. Why two? Because I keep coming back, I can't seem to break away.

The first package came yesterday. It included:


Dan Haren - 71 - 2008 Topps Chrome Refractors

Believe it or not I have never owned a refractors card. I like what I see and can't wait for my next order to arrive. It will contain my first X-Fractor card.

Will Clark - 269 - 1987 Fleer Rookie


Will Clark - 24T - 1986 Topps Traded Rookie

I was able to get my first two cards from my 2010 goals list. They are in great shape, sharp corners, great color, and nice centering.

Dan Haren - AST34 - 2009 Topps Update All-Star Stitches


Micha Owings - MO - 2007 Upper Deck Masterpieces Strokes of Genius Signatures

I absolutely love this card. The UD Masterpieces set is a great looking set. I love the texture to the cards, as well as the "arts and crafts" look of the the framed cards. This card also has a great layout leaving a perfect spot for the on card signature. Not to mention it is a card of a former Diamondback slugger pitcher.



Luis Gonzalez - 25 - Donruss Big League Challenge Materials

Another card that I didn't know that I always wanted. This is a dual relic card for Gonzo, it has the jersey and pants to his big league challenge uniform.

Chris Young/Stephen Drew - 157 - 2009 Upper Deck Ballpark Collection

Another Dual swatch, this time of two players. I believe this is my first dual player/swatch card I have added to my collection. The draw to this card is both are D-back players.

All these card with Shipping and Handling, Fifteen Dollars. I think I have paid that for one relic on ebay numerous times. This site is so cool, but dangerous on a bank account.

2 comments:

  1. You're very welcome! You picked up some sweet cards for $15 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I am dangerously hooked (o:

    ReplyDelete