1.10.2010

Trade: Nachos Grande

I was minding my own business just reading blog posts and I came across this post by FanOfReds. Now I like the Sweet Spot product, but will probably never buy one myself. So when I saw that he got two of my favorite players' base cards I had to ask if they were up from trade. They were.

Stephen Drew - 93 - 2009 Sweet Spot



Max Scherzer - 76 - 2009 Sweet Spot

When the cards arrived he also included Five (5) other Diamondbacks cards and a post-it note. "David, Thanks for the trade - enjoy the cards. I have to assume you are a Diamondbacks fan given the 2 cards you requested." - FanOfReds.

Max Scherzer - 6 - 2008 Upper Deck Goudey

Pardon the constant whining, but I am still bummed that he is no longer a D-Back. It may sound weird but I am less bummed about losing the "pitcher", but the "man" just seemed like such a good individual. Although I don't want to have my team be a bottom-dweller, I also don't ever want to sacrifice character for a championship. I am not saying this is the case at all, I am just saying that character is important to me as a fan.

Luis Gonzalez - 144 - 2000 Impact

Wow, this brings me back. I started to get back into baseball in college. My first game since childhood (second overall) was in 2000 at Bank one ballpark. Sadly I remember more about my first game in 1989 when I was 10. But what I do remember is that the Snakes won it on a two run home run in the bottom of the ninth. Suddenly this expansion team, that I didn't take seriously and didn't consider to be a real team like the Giants and Dodgers of my youth, became not only real but my Home Team. It's hard to believe that in the short history of this franchise that we already have a number of throwback jerseys.

Eric Byrnes - 1- 2008 Upper Deck Goudey

Just out of curiosity....what does Ken Griffey Jr. say?

Jesus Cota - 144 - 2003 Topps Heritage

OK, I do consider myself a serious Diamondbacks fan. This card though, makes me question that. Because I don't know who this man is. Shame on me, I guess.

Speaking of "Taking me back". This is a little too far. Mr. Lee had already been traded away before I got on board with this team. From what I have been told and read, he was a very good player for us. He was one of the players the Diamondbacks sent to Philly for Curt Schilling.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the cards! I didn't put the blog with your user name but at least I guessed right on your team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya did great. Thank you, I hope you like you cards as well.(o;

    ReplyDelete